1. Assumes twenty-four responsibility/accountability for nursing services.
Looking for a place to exhibit your passion for helping the elderly while enriching their lives in a team based, friendly environment?
Join the UV team!
Assistant Director of Nursing
Accountable for overall
supervision of nursing services in the University Village 70 bed
Nursing facility. Directly
responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of the nursing care needed and provided for
the University Village Health
Center residents. Communicates appropriately with the staff, physicians, Residents, and families to facilitate
continuity of care. Works under the direction of the Administrator, exercising initiative and
independent judgment/decision making.
2. Assures quality resident care.
3. Regularly evaluates the nursing care provided on a
24-hour basis and institutes changes as indicated.
4. Interviews, hires, supervise and evaluate all direct reporting personnel. Complete performance evaluations within the month they are due.
5. Coordinates the orientation and continuing education of nursing personnel.
6. Regularly participates in
resident care plan reviews and maintains open communication with all team members to
facilitate continuity of care.
7. Practices proper techniques for nursing, leadership, and
8. Oversees medication administration and staff adherence to applicable protocols.
9. Allows for the provision of clinical experience for students in varied disciplines from ORU and other Schools of Nursing.
10. Consults with residents and families regarding the resident's health needs; facilitates medical referrals as needed or indicated.
11. Directs and assists nursing personnel in providing nursing care.
12. Ensures that the appropriate amount of equipment and supplies are ordered and maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
13. Ensures our Home standards are maintained at a high level within the Health Center.
14. Establishes effective communication and positive relationships interdepartmentally.
15. Actively participates in
various taskforce committees.
16. Develops and administers operating budget for the Health Center and monitors actual expenditures in comparison to the budget on a continuing basis and discusses any
discrepancies with the Administrator.
17. Represents University
Village in a proper and professional manner by demonstrating and promoting compliance with our Customer Service Standards.
18. Assures compliance with all State and Federal regulations, as well as company standards.
19 Oversees In-service training.
20. Maintains Care Plan book.
21. Reviews medication, treatment/Dr. Order sheets and residents chart at end of each month.
22. Follows up on medication errors and incident reports.
23. Is aware of and oversees emergency calls on resident medical problems to independent residents.
24. Complies with all safety rules and regulations. Follows proper safety procedures and utilizes proper protective equipment at all times.
25. Review and revises Nurse Aide assignments, PRN.
26. Performs equipment checks in resident room/treatment room/medication room.
27. Pulls discontinued drugs to be destroyed and/or recycled with Pharmacist at time of Pharmacy review. Reviews all recommendations and discusses with appropriate staff.
28. Participates as a proactive member of the CQIC committee. Monitor any trends found and develops plan of action to respond to trends.
29. Reviews Infection Control Policy and Procedures annually to provide safe and sanitary environment.
30. Assess independent residents for proper level of care before admission.
31. Assist Administrator and Community Relations with marketing as needed.
32. Monitors attendance and timeliness of Health Center staff.
33. Conducts monthly nurse's meetings and monthly staff meetings.
34. Assures discharge plans for residents begin prior to or upon admission and continue throughout the resident's stay to ensure a successful discharge for the resident.
35. Performs functions other than above due to extenuating circumstances.
36. Conducts quarterly Fall Committee meetings.
37. Updates targets for OFMQ pilot program
38. Participates in OFMQ
seminars and conference calls.
39. Conducts monthly psychotropic, restraint and
restorative meetings and
40. Adheres to University
Village Attendance Policy.
41. Attends Department
In-Services as scheduled.
Minimum of three to five years' supervisory experience, preferably in Geriatrics.
Must have a current and valid Registered Nursing License in the State of Oklahoma. Must have at least an Associates
degree in Nursing from an
accredited nursing school.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Must understand and communicate in the English language.
Good written and oral communications skills.
Possess an attitude for decision-making.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Multi task oriented
Ability to work under pressure
Ability to be at work on time.
Demonstrates organizational skills
Knowledge of all
regulations impacting Long Term Care facilities.
Exhibits maturity and the ability to deal efficiently and professionally with residents, families and staff.
Demonstrates a "customer first" approach to problem solving.
Works mainly inside of
building with normal lighting and controlled temperature.
Outdoor exposure possible on emergency visits.
Job may require extensive
periods of time on your feet walking/and or standing.
Location/Region: Tulsa, OK (US - 74137)