Machine Operator - Converting
Perform duties to operate machinery and computer software to produce finished products as well as quality check product according to specifications and prepare for shipping, working within the limitations of standard methods and procedures. Continuously supports Sofidel's Employee Personal Practice Policy.
1.Supports Sofidel America's Good Manufacturing Practices and HACCP to promote a safe, sanitary and hygienically sound workplace.
2.Work from written order that give information such as to production type, material and how it is palletized.
3.Perform highly complex operations involving the conversion of product to retail quality and away from home bathroom tissue and household towels. Set up multiple synchronized steps where settings are adjusted based on paper quality within tolerances and close. To include operating a hoist and pallet jack while loading parent rolls of paper in brackets. Reaching, stretching, pushing and pulling involved.
4. May operate equipment through computer panel board to perform various tasks which may include roll diameters and lengths, perforation lengths, and lop saw functions.
5. Perform quality check on product and wrapping at various critical points in the process. Determine grade of paper, perforation, perforation length, roll diameter, core color, lamination, edge embossing according to production requirements.
6. May operate package equipment with poly or paper wrap, loaded and set up in accordance with production requirements. Including equipment to pack product in boxes.
7. Make equipment adjusts to support maximum optimal efficiency.
8. Communicate information on change of shift. Report product being made, as well as product specifications.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE:
1. Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
2.Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition. Support quality, housekeeping and sanitation standards as well as assuring customer satisfaction
3.Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
4.Perform other related duties as assigned.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Computer and peripherals, standard and customized software applications and tools, and usual office equipment.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or at least 1 year related experience and/or training.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and quality and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate in English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.