Superior Linen Service is seeking a skilled and experienced Accounts Receivable Clerk for our corporate office in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Superior Linen Service is a growing small to medium sized family owned Textile Rental company with operations in four states and serving over 3000 business customers with 400 employees. We have been in operation for over 60 years. This Accounts Receivable position is responsible for processing and monitoring incoming payments for our existing business to business customers. You will process incoming payments via check or electronic transfer into our accounting system as well as performing bank deposits. reconciling and auditing totals, and generating several varied status updates and reports.
This position is also responsible for interacting with our customers to resolve any billing issues. The accounts receivable clerk is a key member of our customer team and is responsible for maintaining good client relations. The position will work directly with several members of our staff, including our Credit Manager, Director of Accounting, and multiple service personnel as required to accomplish the requirements of the position.
The position offers flexibility in day time working hours, as well as excellent health and retirement benefits.
Superior Linen Service encourages an active lifestyle, and the location has onsite facilities for exercise and daily stretching. There are 12 other staff at the Corporate Office with an average tenure of 18+ years. More information on Superior Linen Service is available from our website at www.superlinen.com, our Facebook and LinkedIn pages, as well as Glassdoor and Indeed job sites.
Salary starts at $15 per hour. Applicant must apply online at our website www.superlinen.com/careers.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required, college level accounting classes or accounting degree preferred.
- Several years of hands on experience in Accounts Receivable, Office Administration, and/or Accounting required.
- This position handles sensitive customer financial information, and is therefore subject to background screening and drug testing. The candidate should be aware of and follow proper computer security practices.
- The candidate should be confident and capable with multiple computer applications and running multiple programs at the same time. The position is an office based environment where computers will be utilized the majority of the time. The candidate should have better than average computer skills and be comfortable with Excel, Word, Outlook, as well as using web based applications. The candidate will be required to learn our internal custom accounting programs for posting payments.
- This position requires frequent and continuing communications with our customers, so the candidate should be comfortable with communications, including written, electronic (email), and phone. The candidate should enjoy interacting with both internal and external customers.
Some of the skills and abilities required are:
- Strong mathematical skills
- Ability to accurately sort, check, count, and verify numbers
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work efficiently
- Ability to listen and communicate
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Ability to demonstrate good common sense and judgment
- Flexibility to adapt to varied situations and work hours
The work environment is a general office environment with some standing and walking required. The position is frequently required to use hands for keyboard entry and handling envelopes and stationary, and to lift light loads. Good close vision is required for handling payments. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About this company
Superior Linen Service is a family owned and operated corporation headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma. With nine locations and over 400 employees, we provide a wide range of hospitality and healthcare linen and facility services to businesses in our service areas of Oklahoma, Arkansas, Southern Kansas and Southern Missouri.
Mission: Superior Linen Service, Inc strives to profitably provide a sincere service of a quality product to our customers. Superior Linen is committed to a level of service to our customers that allows each customer to focus on their specialty while we manage all their linen needs.