1ST Class Operating Engineer
You will operate and maintain stationary equipment such as boilers, air compressors, generators etc.; record data reading dials, gauges, and manuals. Also responsible for preventative maintenance of equipment using hand and power tools.
Full-time - 12 midnight to 8am - Monday thru Friday -
Sodexo is currently seeking a Stationary Engineer at
Oral Roberts University
To operate boilers, chillers, pumps, air handlers, and related equipment in a safe and efficient manner. To answer all calls related to elevators, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical requests in the absence of any other Plant Operation personnel. Maintain a comfortable temperature within all campus buildings.
Power Plant Supervisor
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Check all boilers, chillers, expansion tanks, free cooling systems, air compressor, and make up water in service including cooling towers.
2. Check individual buildings for any air handler, air compressor, or pump problems. Check for any unusual electrical loads and unsatisfactory temperatures in the buildings zones.
3. Promptly answer all service calls.
4. Elevator emergencies, reset if possible, get any trapped persons off when possible, and determine when and if an elevator service call is needed.
5. New or continued projects as determined by Plant Operations Supervisor.
6. Set up buildings air conditioning system for special events.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENT(S):
1ST Class Unlimited Operating Engineers license from the City of Tulsa. Must possess a valid Oklahoma driver's license and have an excellent driving record for the purpose of driving university lease vehicles.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
Sitting, standing, stooping, walking, kneeling, crouching, squatting, crawling, climbing, twisting of upper body, handling by seizing, holding, grasping, or turning hands, but without finger dexterity, and balancing to prevent falling or erratic movement, climbing hand-over-hand. Vision to include near, color, depth perception, and field vision. Manual dexterity for operation of equipment/machines. Exposure to : fumes, odors, chemicals, heat, cold, weather element, occasional electrical hazards, associated with job. Lifting up to 100 lbs. such as motors, compressors, misc.
HOURS OF WORK & ATTENDANCE:
Shift hours are to be determined by the department. Occasional overtime hours are required during peak seasons.
We offer competitive wages, an excellent benefits package (paid vacation, medical benefits, etc.) and the opportunity to advance.
To apply, please email Brenda.davis@Sodexo.com
or call 918-495-7472.
Sodexo will require a background check for this position. EEO/AA/Minority/ F
Location/Region: Tulsa, OK (US - 74171)