Coffeyville Community College
in Coffeyville, KS
is currently accepting applications for
Assistant Director of Student Life
NARRATIVE GENERAL DESCRIPTION
The Assistant Director of Student Life is responsible to the Director of Student Life for overseeing the students and operations of Walker/Powell Halls. This is a full-time, 12 month, live-in position which includes being available twenty-four hours a day when individuals are housed in the facility.
- Assist in providing leadership in developing and educating staff and students in the creation of a positive living environment in Student housing.
- Meet attendance expectations as required for the position which may include a willingness to work unusual hours including evening and weekends as needed.
- Assist in selecting, training, developing, supervising, and evaluating Student Life Managers.
- Responsible for the administration of residence life procedures of Walker/Powell Hall such as inventory, facility inspections, housing assignments, roster upkeep, key control, mail distribution and maintenance referrals; provide up-to-date information to the business office to facilitate the collection of housing contracts and deposits.
- Assist in providing crisis management support and intervention with residents including emergency procedures and maintenance request in the residence halls.
- Serve as Co-Chair of the Student Conduct Committee.
- Serve as Chair of the Homecoming Committee.
- Responsible for overseeing the working condition of the camera security system in Walker/Powell Hall.
- Assist the Director of Maintenance, Dean of Student Life and the Director of Student Life in coordinating and supervising all maintenance and cleaning staff of the residence halls.
- Responsible for reporting any destruction of student housing property/facility in Walker/Powell Hall to the Director of Student Life.
- Assists with the responsibility of all student housing issues, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for health/safety room checks in Walker/Powell Halls.
- Responsible to provide safe and secure student housing situations.
- Supervise campus service hours assigned to students who have been in violation of institutional policy.
- Provide programs designed to enhance student life which will include open gym, intramurals, game room activities, special events and activities.
- Plan, organize and conduct with the approval of the Director of Student Life, programs designed to enhance student life including guest speakers, diversity activities, etc.
- Assist in the management of student areas such as the game room, fitness room, mailboxes, laundry room, security desk and general computer area in the library.
- Provide leadership in emergency and problem situations and communicate all concerns to the Director and Dean of Student Life through written incident reports, meetings and immediate oral communication when situation is necessary.
- Report maintenance problems in Walker/Powell Hall to the Director of Maintenance.
- Assist with the responsibility of assessing fines for destruction of student housing property. Making sure fines are adequate to cover damage by working with the Director of Maintenance and Vice President of Operations in this determination and subsequently informing the Business Office of the charges that need to be assessed.
- Assist with the scheduling of regular meetings of all residents in student housing as needed each semester to explain the rules, procedures, policies for residential living. Conduct Walker/Powell Hall meetings as necessary.
- Participate in enrollment activities as needed.
- Coordinate updates and entering data into the student life portion of the Registrar's module as well as the ACCESS module.
- Assist in the dissemination of information to the student body through various written, e-mail, social media, and oral communication methods.
- Assist the Director of Student Life with coordinating the scheduling of Student Life Managers.
- Willingness to confront inappropriate behavior of students residing and/or visiting college housing and reporting infractions through the Maxient Conduct system.
- Responsible for daily posted office hours in order for faculty, staff and/or students to discuss or solve situations/issues in residence halls, student activities or incidents involving students inside and outside of the classroom.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Willingness to enforce institutional policies.
- Ability to establish effective rapport with a diverse student body with varying personalities.
- Ability to coordinate with campus personnel to resolve problems/conflicts.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- At least two years of experience in a supervisor role.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree required from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning recognized by the US Department of Education. A Master's Degree is preferred.
Location/Region: Coffeyville, KS (US - 67337)