FOR APPLICATION CLICK APPLY!
Department: Parks & Recreation
Reports To: Parks & Recreation Superintendent
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The airport manager shall direct, manage, promote, supervise, and coordinate the operations and activities of Tahlequah Municipal Airport; to provide oversight and supervision of aircraft operations and the use and maintenance of airport buildings and grounds in accordance with the applicable rules, regulations and ordinances; to coordinate assigned activities with other city departments, divisions, and affiliated boards; and to provide responsible administrative support to the city.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Management of operations and activities of the airport, including: aircraft activities, aircraft fueling, storage and parking, airport terminal building, runways, taxiways, aprons, grounds, drainage and lighting.
- Recommend new and changes to airport policies and procedures.
- Assist with the resolution of any problems, controversies and misunderstandings that arise.
- Attend meetings and facilitate the efforts of the Airport Advisory Board, including: the development of long and short term plans for airport operations, improvements, equipment/capital needs, and budgetary recommendations.
- •Perform daily quality control checks on the aviation fuel sold at the airport.
- Other tasks and duties may be assigned to the employee by the supervisor in charge and/or city administration that are not included in this job description and may or/may not be in this department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Have and/or develop a working knowledge of all laws, regulations, ordinances and codes related to airport operation.
- Ability to write reports and participate in grant writing process.
- Maintain socially accepted standards of speech and appearance while on duty.
- Must be willing to adhere to all applicable federal, state, and local rules, regulations, codes and laws regarding safety and work in a consistently safe manner.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma, or equivalent, is preferable, along with 5 years of increasingly responsible supervisory and administrative experience, particularly with airport maintenance and operations, or a College degree with an emphasis in Aviation Management, or similar emphasis.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
Must possess a valid Oklahoma "Class D" Driver's License and maintain it throughout your employment.
- Must successfully complete required drug testing and physical examination per City of Tahlequah's policies.
- Have and maintain a driving record sufficient to satisfy the insurance mandates placed upon the city.
- Establish employment eligibility under USDOL and City of Tahlequah rules and policies
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Climbing, stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, sitting, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking and hearing are all demanded in the job.
- The job is considered to range from "Sedentary" to "Medium Work", depending upon need.
- Level One Visual Acuity.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The worker will be subject to:
- Both inside and outside environmental conditions
- Weather related extreme cold and heat
- Atmospheric conditions
Location/Region: Tahlequah, OK (US - 74464)